Sign in to follow this  
KT

Is This One Too Short?

I got this kilt a little while back, and it is an inch or two shorter than my other moderns.

question is, is it TOO short? it does technically get the top of my knees, it just feels weird.

gallery_3_1_14128.jpg

( photo credit to Quinn...his first camera phone pic without dropping the phone! )

I think it's a little too short, can you drop the waist a little, perhaps not, and sadly perhaps it needs to find a home, how long until Quinn could wear it?

Quinn? more years than a kilt should be allowed to sit in a shelf. hmm...maybe I'll see about adding a few inches to the bottom hem. shouldn't be TOO hard to do :)

Must agree with Paul, on this one.

In a word, yep. Now it looks like a skirt

Just a wee bit KT....I agree with Paul, find it a good home somewhere...

I think it looks fine, I like when the kilt hits the top edge of the knee, the Bonnie knees! They should show! When I see Kilts at the center of the knee or below thats when they look like old maids skirts.

I'm kind of with DJ, my fitted kilts just hit the tops of my knees and though it does seem weird I think it's just because most of my others are a tad bit long at the standard drop.

I think it looks ok, as long as you are able to sit down and have enough cover :-)

Yeah, it becomes extremely difficult to sweep your pleats enough to prevent your equipment from touching a foreign surface with your kilt is just a tad too short. I would like to order a new Stewart Black from Sportkilt in Large.

I'll be putting this up for sale/trade. I can't figure how to make it fit, and don't want it to go to waste.

I prefer mid to bottom of the knee.