Sign in to follow this  
DJRay

Scottish Highland Games And Faires

Is it just me or have I seen a lot more Scottish Games and gatherings these last couple of years? This weeked in The Twin Cities during the several weeks long Renaissance Festival its Highland weekend, I see a games scheduled for this month in Aberdeen SD, had I known this a couple of weeks ago I would have gone its just a little over 3 hours south of me. Here is one in the SF Bay Area I think:

http://www.styleyoun...men-wear-kilts/

Twin Cities:

http://shakopee.patch.com/articles/kilts-and-games-at-the-renaissance-festival-s-highland-fling-weekend

MN Ren fair has had a Highland Fling for years now. I was hoping to make it this year but my wife had to work this weekend and the money stituation still sucks. For a small town it sure is expensive living here. Minnesota is great for Celtic events. They also have their Highland games, irish festival, St Patrick day parade, Scottish Ramble, and a few other things. Been trying to move back there for years. Wisconsin has quite a bit too. There must be about 4 Ren faires and 6 irish festivals in the state. MN Ren faire has a Shamrocks & SHenanigans weekend coming up on Sept 29th & 30th if anybody is interested.

Don'y know if there are more but they do seem to be promoting themselves better. This is one of the few times of the year I wish I lived farther north, when there are so many festivals and Celtic events happening. Texas has her share but they are scattered over the State and seem to happen in clusters. Just a note both Scotish Life and Highlander magazine list Scottish/Celtic festivals in their magazines, I subscribe to them both.