madman79764

Move Completed

Well we left Odessa yesterday at 3:30S and arrived here in Cleveland just north of Houston at 2:30am. The score on the drive 586 miles in 11 hours wearing one of SWK heavies, almost run off the road by a driver in a hurry, 2 armadillo's turned into to pizza on the halfshell, two raccoon near misses, and a 10 point buck run into the side of the Uhaul when I stopped to stretch my legs and check the tires so to speak, I also thought I messed my kilt I was just east of Navasota and I had somebody tailgating the Uhaul. And I made a statement to my wife about driver behind me being like a dirty diaper being on my butt and full of it. Just as I said that the light bar on top of this car came on. I had a deputy sheriff riding my tail for almost 20 miles and when the lights came on luckily he blew by me but I had to pull over and check to make sure I didn't say it and then do it.

Any interest in attending highland fling weekend at trf?

Be glad no hogs ran out infront of you. Just your average trek thru southwest texas.

On my way from Ft Worth to Abilene, chanced upon a driver going east on west bound 20, getting off on the on ramp. Stupidity knows no bounds

Be glad no hogs ran out infront of you. Just your average trek thru southwest texas.

On my way from Ft Worth to Abilene, chanced upon a driver going east on west bound 20, getting off on the on ramp. Stupidity knows no bounds

I saw a couple wild hogs coming over here the other night

Well we found a place so that we can stop staying with the inlaws but it will be early next week before we can move in getting the utilities turned on. The place we found sits with in walking distance of a small lake on the Trinity river and the house is only a 5 minute walk from the river. For those who want to come visit family, friends and the local kilted folks. The directions include "to get to the house you have to turn off of the paved road". I'll get some pictures posted after we have gotten settled in next week.

Sounds about perfect Bill.

Sounds about perfect Bill.

Yep it is, when we were signing the paperwork one of the neighbors came back from the lake with 100 pound flathead cat. But the river itself is still low from the drought

Yeah drove through some of that area earlier in the summeer--amazing after the rain we had this summer how dry it still was.

Just a quick post here, right now it's going to be hit or miss for me being online until we can get service hooked up at our house. I'm still around but I'm have to use the inlaws internet so it's going to a once a week thing for a while.

Welome to South Texas-I am about 2 hours south of you

Uhh... South Texas is south of the Nueces. :wink: