madman79764

Texas Indigo Snake

I was going to post this the other day after getting back to the house from helping my father-in-law set up his tree stands. I thought it was a Water Moccasin at first but was told it is a texas indigo snake and yes you are seeing that right this snake killed and was getting ready to eat a rattle snake. This one was just over 6 foot and the rattle snake was 4 to 5 foot.580927_10152178184850191_16773274_n_zps33eded2e.jpg

I knew that there were snakes out there that would do this like the Eastern King http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampropeltis_getula_getula but it's the first time I had actually been able to see it first hand and get a picture of it. I will admit when I first seen this it scared the crap out of me.

http://en.wikipedia....as_Indigo_Snake

http://en.wikipedia....s_erebennus.jpg

Great pic mate! Is the Indigo Snake venomous? I've seen pics, but know nothing about them.

I was breeding a pair of Brisbane Carpet pythons once & the female (a nasty piece of work) decided she'd eat the male. It took a bit of work to get him out but he seemed none the worse for the experience!

Great pic mate! Is the Indigo Snake venomous? I've seen pics, but know nothing about them.

I was breeding a pair of Brisbane Carpet pythons once & the female (a nasty piece of work) decided she'd eat the male. It took a bit of work to get him out but he seemed none the worse for the experience!

From what I've read about them they are not venomous, but do have a rather nasty bite and will flatten their head out like a cobra and shake their tails like a rattler. My understanding of them is that they are kind of like a constrictor. But they are also threatened due to habitat loses.

Indigo are not venomous but they are aggressive and eat almost anytthing inclding other snakes. Great pic

They are great to have around if you have Rattlesnakes around they love eating those suckers. Blue indigo snakes and all types of king snakes should not be killed, they will get rid of all the undesirable snakes.

We had an indigo living under our shed. Left her alone. She was right at six feet. If you want to have some fun, and can catch one, throw it down a gopher hole and if there is a rattler in there, the fight is on.

They are great to have around if you have Rattlesnakes around they love eating those suckers. Blue indigo snakes and all types of king snakes should not be killed, they will get rid of all the undesirable snakes.

That's the way I look at it

Indigo's are awesome, and they get big!