The Amadan

How Often Do You Wear The Kilt?

Kilt wearing frequency  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I mostly wear my kilts when hiking. Strangely enough, I seem to be getting a big more shy about wearing them in other places rather than less shy, even though I've never had a negative reaction from anyone. I wish I could just wear a kilt without feeling like I'm shouting I AM WEARING A KILT EVERYONE. I like the feel of wearing a kilt, I like the look of wearing a kilt, it's my own trip to be a bit shy about it.

I kinda know where you're coming from, with this.

I wear a kilt, simply because I want to... not because I'm trying to make any statement.

However, I do, sometimes, feel a bit self conscious when kilted.

Not because of the kilt, nor any remarks made.

Rather, it's because I occasionally have this sense, in the back of my head, that I'm inadvertently making a statement.

But, it soon passes, due to the fact that I really don't give a rat's ass, regarding what others (who don't know me) think about me, much less my attire.

• Like 3

Unfortunately due to the weather around here my kilts have been staying in the closet except for a recent trip to Florida... makes me sad when I see them hanging there looking all depressed.

We're heading to Jamaica in February - kilts will definitely be worn there!

Unfortunately due to the weather around here my kilts have been staying in the closet except for a recent trip to Florida... makes me sad when I see them hanging there looking all depressed.

We're heading to Jamaica in February - kilts will definitely be worn there!

here in Wisconsin we have gotten a few days of 0° or below but I have been staying kilted

no p@nt$ for me

11342904504_6d6c32f7be_z.jpg

• Like 1

yep, colder weather just means that I'll be wearing mostly tartan. Though I find that I do need more hose. lol

I found a trick with the hose though, I wear a pair of ankle socks underneath and my hose can be worn several times before washing.

Got dressed up in my best Scottish National last night for a Christmas party. Turns out the host's son had gotten married in Scotland at St Andrews. Got to see wedding pics of the wedding party in kilts