Drac

Your Chance To Own A Drouillard Knife For $5

Hello all,

This May I will be walking on the AT&T Veteran's Team Team AT&T ( http://carrytheload.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1047584&lis=1&kntae1047584=8A0935E1D34E4F229518B9B6EE5E88A7&supId=0&team=5411389&cj=Y ) for Carry the Load - www.carrytheload.org/dallas . It will be 20 hours done in a relay.

While no sponsorship is required we are doing this to help them raise money. For this I am putting up some of my knives where my feet are. I have three knives needing homes. For every $5 donated here under James Drouillard - http://carrytheload.kintera.org/faf/search/searchParticipants.asp?ievent=1047584&lis=0&kntae1047584=EA2C252EBD344AA79A6CD18D6325A9C1 I will put your name in once. Just email me the copy of your donation. On May 25th I will draw three names. First name will have first choice and so on.

My home page - http://carrytheload.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1047584&lis=1&kntae1047584=B3D72254A50E46F4B35263FAF0C32103&supId=377323054

The three knives up for this are:

Bog oak push dagger -

BogOakPushDaggercopy.jpg

A kuri handled and sheathed sgain dubh -

Kuriauction.jpg

And to sweeten the pot a bit of something special. As most of you know I have been in the Reserves for a number of years. On a couple of ATs I got to serve on a special ship. I helped them out and in return I was given materials from it. So for the pièce de résistance is this, one of my GP (general purpose) Hunters -

Constitutioncharity.jpg

The handle of this is live oak. It is over 200 years old. As a matter of fact this wood was in battle 200 years ago. This wood is from the USS Constitution. Of the 10-15% of it that is still original this is the wood. This is the wood that made it Old Ironsides. I will also pay for the sheath to go with it. I will send it Sandy Morrissey. He is one of the top sheath makers in the knife field. He has over 60 years of experience.

Don't be mistaken by the fancy descriptions and materials. Like all my blades it's a user. The wood is stabilized for use in all environments. I can put you in contact with users that will back it up. One just like this has field dressed, skinned and quartered 6 deer. 7 hogs and a dozen turkeys on one sharpening.

Addition -

mesquite_zpscfbe094e.jpg

StagGentcopy_zps7f17b403.jpg

I may have more coming but these are ready to get your attention.

Jim

Edit - Not sure what happening with the Carry the Load link. If you type/paste it works fine. Click is a redirect

I am very happy to support you on such a great cause.

Anyone that does not yet own one of your knives does not know what they are missing.

Thank you very much. You are the first.

Jim

Thank you both.

Anyone else who wishes to join please feel free to either donate under me, the team or another individual.

Jim

Thanks to all who have donated so far and so quickly.

Thanks to you all I have made my individual goal of $200 in the first day. I am working to help the team meet the overall team goal and to just plain help the Carry the Load.

It is a good cause and I will see what I can do to continue to help it. I have a couple more on the bench (to be worked around other commitments) that I want to add to reward more people for their aid.

Jim

Thank you Sir.

A change. The site is lists the names of donors and how much (in a secured area) so all I need is for you to drop me a PM with your name you donated under.

Jim

Done and glad to do so!

Amy has joined me on the road.

Any donations to her are also eligible-

http://carrytheload.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1047584&lis=1&kntae1047584=494084C4AE4B4A19B04E1A86895C972F&supId=379841030

Thanks to all of you who have donated. The response is overwhelming. Not only have I made my original goal but the team has made it's initial goal through mostly your donations. Of the $510 the team has raise you guys are $300 of it. Team AT&T is 13 of 63 teams because of your generosity.

Not that its a competition but kilties still kick butt!!!

Again please let me know if their is any "load" that you wish Amy and me to carry. If nothing else a slip with a name.

Jim

Throwing a

bumpSmiley.gif

In here.

Jim

I'll get you next week. I spent too much over Easter.

Family first. Always put family first. I hope to do more charity raffles in the future.

Jim

Thank you for your generosity.

BTW, anyone living in the DFW area or willing to drive in are welcomed to participate. Our group is looking for volunteers both as walkers and manning the tent during the 20 hours.

Jim

About a month left to get your entries.

Jim

Jim,

Just did my part.

Thank you for your service, and for taking the time to honor and support others who have done the same.

Slainte mhor.

Thanks to all your gentleman's generosity I have made my secondary goal. I can only be humbled on the goodness of people to help out others. The gents here are among the best.

Cheers to all of you,

Jim

I am late, but not too late! Congratulations, Jim, for reaching your goal. God bless you.

Ok, you guys have gone way beyond anything I could have hoped. I overwelmed. I felt that I need to step up my game. I just finished another blade and made it thinner than normal so that it will be light enough to use as a sgain dubh -

mesquite_zpscfbe094e.jpg

The handle is mesquite burl. I wish the the photo was better as the wood is incredible. I am hoping there will be more to come.

Jim

Agreed, that wood is beautiful!

They just sent me my sign for the walk -

CTLSign_zpse1cbc3c9.jpg

Drawing is two weeks from Saturday. I will have intermittent net access starting Thursday through next weekend. If you try to contact me and I don't immediately answer I may be in a dead zone and will check as so as I get access.

Jim

And here is another, a Gent's EDC with Sambar Stag. I tapered the handles heavally so it will work as a Sgain -

StagGentcopy_zps7f17b403.jpg

Probably the last one I will get done before the drawing.

Jim