The Amadan

Run Like You Stole Something!

I just completed my daily run... 5.5k.

Felt like I was making decent progress.

Checked my Strava (GPS) run tracker:

I shaved an average of 2 minutes off, per mile!

Not bad, for an old guy with arthritic feet. :wink:

Yeah, I'm bragging.

• Like 3

I havn't had a good outdoor run in a while, I did decent last month I guess. I am getting new shoes this weekend sometime, and with luck, I will do decently at the flying pig in... not nearly enough d@mn weeks

Excellent! :woot:

AWESOME man, I don't run because of my knee but instead I ride my bike.

Congrats on your achievement.

Thats great I too don't run and am waiting for the weather to improve to ride my bike.

I just got my new shoes today, so I hope to get a good run in this weekend, maybe I'll be able to catch up with you. I won't hold my breath though.

• Like 1

Got 2 miles in on my new shoes today, and dang it Tony, I WILL beat you for best 1 mile and 5 K one of these days. I swear it. As long as you don't get any faster anyways.

Performance Amadan Sathor Best 1k 00:05:56 00:05:46 Best 1 mile 00:09:44 00:09:48 Best 5k 00:33:52 00:35:45

I may only have best 1k by 10 seconds, but i just need to get my mile upby 5 seconds and my 5k better by just under 2 minutes.... my next big run is a half marathon, and I am not holding my breath for that in the way of records.

• Like 1

The gauntlet has been layed down. :thumleft:

(if it keeps us moving, I'm all for a little competition)

Now, if you''l excuse me, I need to find my Dr. Scholl's foot massager..... :wink:

• Like 1

I'm not much of a runner but I dropped about 12 pounds a while back but i've gained about 7 back but I have been working out pretty havy and my p@nT$ keep falling down so i think it's muscle, any way that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

My mantra is "Do Something!"
I made excuses, to "get into shape later", for years.

Unfortunately, the only thing excuses produce is fat.

Any activity is a bonus, to your health.

My mantra is "Do Something!"

I made excuses, to "get into shape later", for years.

Unfortunately, the only thing excuses produce is fat.

Any activity is a bonus, to your health.

So true-- if i knew i was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself when I was younger.

New 5k personal record, today.

pbbbbttttttt :angry::speechless-smiley-039::banghead:

At least we are still tied for that 1k time....

(also... I can hardly move today after the half marathon yesterday. with a week of rain forcasted, you will get to enjoy having better times for a while...)

Seriously though, congrats, I can't wait for my next event, at this rate it looks like it may well be a 10k at the start of next month. (my first 10k... I missed that step earlier)

• Like 1

Good job on the new PR Amadan!

Ran a warrior dash in Amity, Arkansas this past Saturday. I thought my time sucked, then I looked at the stats, and realized it wasn't as bad as I thought. 3.34 miles, 15 obstacles in 1:01:29.3. That put me in the middle of my age group, and also in the middle of the group over all. I did one down by Austin last fall, but with the addition of the Arkansas hills, this one was a lot tougher...

• Like 1

Ran a warrior dash in Amity, Arkansas this past Saturday. I thought my time sucked, then I looked at the stats, and realized it wasn't as bad as I thought. 3.34 miles, 15 obstacles in 1:01:29.3. That put me in the middle of my age group, and also in the middle of the group over all. I did one down by Austin last fall, but with the addition of the Arkansas hills, this one was a lot tougher...

Outstanding!

Just set another small PR. :monkeydance:

I have never done a burpee, and can't do the monkey bars (yet) which is why I havn't signed up for those before.

Also, I think I may have a bum elbow... I need to get it checked out, it is messing with my bench press and tricep exercises. (though not tricep press on a machine)

• Like 1

Two new PRs, today.

But running on arthritic feet still sux.

New personal records, tonight.

...and yes, my feet still hurt.

Man I either tore a meniscus or strained an ACL, I am HURTING.

OUCH!

Feeling any better?

So, here I was, just running along the park trail... when out of nowhere, a red-tailed hawk decides to swoop at me - numerous times. I'm guessing that I must have been too close to his kill. Regardless, those outstretched talons looked extremely large & sharp.

Needless to say, I made good time on that section of my daily run. :blink:

• Like 2

OUCH!

Feeling any better?

I broke down and went to the Dr. on Tuesday. He diagnosed an inflamed bursa. Offered me a choice of a cortisol shot or a series of anti-inflamatory pills. Guess which one I chose?? Been on pills for 2 days and last night I slept through the whole night for the first night in 2 weeks. Feeling better by the day now and got back into the gym this afternoon. Sucks getting old

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.