Mystic5523

Japanese Whisky

Being a Sake fan, I've long had respect for the Japanese brewery/distillery trade& I must admit that I'm quite partial to Suntory's 10yr old whisky. I haven't tried anything older, but that one is lovely. It's subtly different from the Scottish Whiskies, but that in no way detracts from it.

I've read a couple of reviews about Japanese malt whiskeys and they are generally favorable, I haven't gotten the nerve to try one yet, YET I said.

I've read a couple of reviews about Japanese malt whiskeys and they are generally favorable, I haven't gotten the nerve to try one yet, YET I said.

Heck, I'd gladly try 'em.

I trust Raptor's opinion enough, to put it in my mouth.

(that didn't sound right.... did it?)

• Like 1

Brought a couple back last year -

Japan17.jpg

I rather enjoyed them. Not as smoky and peaty as I like but the floral flavors were a very interesting difference than the heather we are use to.

Jim

I haven't seen them yet, but I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye open for them. Everything I've seen certainly intrigues me enough to give them a shot.

As Jim said, they are lacking the smokiness and the heather notes, so if you go into them expecting them to taste "Scottish" you are going to be disappointed. If you keep an open mind, you'll find the classic single-malt taste & the uniquely Japanese twist are quite addictive & it's very easy to find yourself a repeat customer.

I spent three years in Northern Japan in the 70's.

Enjoyed their Whiskeys and their beer very much.

Sapporo is a great beer but nowdays outside Japan it's bottled in Canada :( I'm fairly fond of Kirin too

I enjoy Kirin alot, And I've always enjoyed a good Sake. I'll have to see if my liquor store can get in some Japanese whisky to try.