Drac

Any Browncoats Out There?

Hi all,

I know there are more than a couple sci-fi geeks here.

So any Firefly fanatics? I just recently found out about the Browncoat gruops around the country.

Jim

• Like 1

oh yes....amazing show.

No power in the "vers" can stop us!

I want to be Zoe when I grow up. Ohhh, and I DO aim to misbehave.

I'm a member of the New England branch of the browncoats. The group holds monthly shindigs. Outside of the holiday one, they happen in either Penacook or Hudson NH. In addition, there's a screening of Serenity in Brookline to raise funds for Equality Now in honor of Joss' birthday. Believe next shindig is the 18th and Serenity will be in about a month.

If you're keen on a screening, check http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com. Shindigs do happen elsewhere but are sometimes a in a different format (for lack of a better word). Some folks just coordinate meeting at cons or ren faires. Others gather at coffee shops.

Anyone who thinks the New England stuff sounds of interest, let me know. I can provide introductions easily enough. KT will actually down where the regional shindigs really got going. There was a tiny little hut of a house down around the Fairhaven/New Bedford line. A few of the active folks are still down there, actually.

I'm a member of the New England branch of the browncoats. The group holds monthly shindigs. Outside of the holiday one, they happen in either Penacook or Hudson NH. In addition, there's a screening of Serenity in Brookline to raise funds for Equality Now in honor of Joss' birthday. Believe next shindig is the 18th and Serenity will be in about a month.

If you're keen on a screening, check http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com. Shindigs do happen elsewhere but are sometimes a in a different format (for lack of a better word). Some folks just coordinate meeting at cons or ren faires. Others gather at coffee shops.

Anyone who thinks the New England stuff sounds of interest, let me know. I can provide introductions easily enough. KT will actually down where the regional shindigs really got going. There was a tiny little hut of a house down around the Fairhaven/New Bedford line. A few of the active folks are still down there, actually.

Didn't want to highjack the other thread when I saw you post so I did this thread. I've seen a lot of Firefly stuff around and it makes my wife look at me with pathetic eyes when I ID it. At our Ren Faire a vendor started carrying cast pewter Browncoat pins. Saw it and all my wife could do was shake her head in pity.

Feel they will be the next 501st for things like parades and such.

Jim

If anything is going to slow stuff down, it's Fox's recent discovery that there's money in Firefly. There's finally a licensed Jayne hat. So naturally the first major announcement of it was a stack of cease and desist letters to knitters.

There are some Browncoat regiments out there. Know that one shows up at CSTS Boston.

Everything looks good from here.

[imitating Dino 1]

Yes... Yes... This is a fertile land and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land and we will call it... This Land.

[imitating Dino 2] I think we should call it your grave!

[imitating Dino 1] Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

[imitating Dino 2] Ha ha ha, mine is an evil laugh, now die!

: [imitating Dino 1] Ahh, no God. Oh, dear god in heaven.

[sirens start blaring as Wash stares to a radar console]

Oh, motherless, son of a b...

Love Firefly!

Never knew there were gathering of fans.

I proudly wear the Brown coat pin on my Balmoral.

Mel Rocks

I like Kalie and Shiney

Zoe kicks butt.

A man named Jane.

Wash is a leaf on the wind.

Assasin : " I can have a shot on your ship in 30 seconds"

Mel , tossing nav sat to Assasin , " Then you better say prayers to your dear fluffy Lord"

My wife and I faithfully watched Firefly when it originally aired. We even navigated the mixed up order it was played in, and the interruptions and the delays due to the world series. We are Joss Whedon fans, and sci-fi geeks so we had to watch. The Train Job is still the best TV episode ever written over the weekend. We've been to a few Shindigs around Oklahoma. There was even a shindig held at The Castle of Muskogee, where the Bedlam Bards played some of their Firefly songs. If you've seen "Done the impossible" the documentary about getting the movie Serenity made, they were the guys doing most of the music. Unfortunately we weren't online really then, so we missed out on a lot of the early browncoat stuff.

We patterned some of our steampunk outfits around Firefly as well.

If I was in better shape I wanted to go to DragonCon one day as Mal from "Trash" yep, naked... but with a tastefully placed "Censored" sign. Alas, the gut will not depart.

I am a fan. I've been known to wear a Jayne Cobb hat, and say shiny alot. I look at Inara and Kaylie as a modern question of Ginger or Mary Ann, and inevitably settle on both... at the same time.

I go through and watch all the episodes from time to time still. Love them. Also was introduced to Christina Hendricks in the series and have been somewhat infatuated since.

Anyhow, I'll be in my bunk.

• Like 1

Big fan of the show, so is my wife. But I'm not an official member of any Browncoats group. No time.

And Fox can bite me.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 2

Also a fan, but not a member of any browncoat groups.

Fan of the show and own both the Serenity movie and the series on BluRay. I feel the need to watch it from the beginning from time to time. Not a member of any of the Browmcoat groups or attend the Cons. Still one of the best sciFi series ever done. I agree with Artificer: Fox can bite me.

I'm a huge fan of FireFly & Serenity but I never knew there was groups like this out there.

I may have to give it a look.