r.m.anderson

It Is Coming Around Again National Tartan Day

FYI -

Sunday April 06 2014 unless you are across the date line is "NATIONAL TARTAN DAY" in the USA.

You don't have to be Scottish; Irish; a member of a clan or fraternity or even a resident of the USA to

celebrate this not so promoted 'Holiday' of sorts.

Think of it as an extension of St. Pat's day only you don't have to wear the obligatory 'Green' or even

be green with envy.

Just get out and about and have a good time !

"Kilted-for-the-Event"

r.m

• Like 1

I have to get one of those cheapo kilts to pour beer in one of these days. I mean I'll wear one of my good ones, but I really need a mud kilt.

• Like 1

I will be with KiltedWoodie CactusJack and ST-103 in St Charles Mo. Can't Wait!

• Like 1

Oh my are we gonna have some fun! Now remember don't taunt the Park Rangers they have guns and those guns are loaded (which we might be by the end of the day too).

That sounds like an excuse for a "kilt" day at work. It is on Sunday this year so I guess I will have to celebrate at work on Friday.

• Like 1

Oh my weathered Kerr came in today, I'll pick it up after work on Saturday.

Well I usually wear a kilt to church any way but now I have a reason to look for a NEW KILT WWOOHHOO

• Like 1

I actually got my PV kilt because some idiot next to me spilled a beer on the bar and it went flying and got my arm, back and went right down the side of my tank. The bartenders was right there with a towel and helped me get as clean as I could but it still needed a trip to the cleaners, and I still had to spend the rest of the day in a semi beer covered state. As luck would have it, since buying the PV one, I have never been spilled on.

It is also 6th April in Canada. But there will not be much kilt wearing in many parts this year because of an extreme and extended winter.

Weathered Kerr, just looked it up -nice tartan and a great day to break it in!

Oh my weathered Kerr came in today, I'll pick it up after work on Saturday.

Yeah Kevin but I might wear it to a visitation tomorrow and a funeral on Thurs, but I might wear the red muted instead. The lady was a member of Clan Ross.

Condolences on the loss, however she will be smiling down upon you for that...

Beer on a kilt isn't bad. Now COFFEE... it is a good thing I was kilted, I could use it as a towl and move the liquid away. I stopped ordering a certain size coffee for a while after that, because I mentioned the lid coming off and the cashier said they had trouble on the large cups recently. Seriously, once the liquid hits cloth, if you can't move that cloth, you can burn things. Things that should not be burned.

As such, I'd welcome a beer over coffee on my kilt any day.

• Like 1

WHAT HE SAID!

Beer on a kilt isn't bad. Now COFFEE... it is a good thing I was kilted, I could use it as a towl and move the liquid away. I stopped ordering a certain size coffee for a while after that, because I mentioned the lid coming off and the cashier said they had trouble on the large cups recently. Seriously, once the liquid hits cloth, if you can't move that cloth, you can burn things. Things that should not be burned.

Well you could wring the last drop out of it !

- NO not the coffee !

The liquor albeit beer wine or especially Scotch !

Previously posted in the Joke category:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Copied from another forum:

There's an Englishman and Irishman and a Scotsman that all go to a pub together to have an Ale...

Upon the waitress bringing the Ales to the table someone opens the front door and three fly's fly in and land in all three of their Ales....

The Englishman picks up his Ale and yells BLAH and dumps the entire Ale on the floor...

The Irishman picks up his Ale and picks the fly out and proceeds drinking it while he shrugs his shoulders and rolls his eyes...

The Scotsman picks up his Ale, then picks out the fly, holds the fly over the Ale, and precedes to yell... SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT!!!

At least it was not tequila and the worm ravaged !

rma