The Amadan

How Many?

well there's still modicum of envy - it may just be that I covet kilts and leather and tweed are something that I've not got, so it gets me fired up and wanting to break out my debit card :)

currently 5

2 -pv 'deals' I got from HoS on eBay

1 5yd box pleat from Matt Newsome in my DC Dalgliesh Custom weave 16oz R'lyeh Sett (pleated to the Colour Out of Space stripe)

1 8yd knife pleat from PapaKilts in Marton Mills Holyrood 16oz (pleated to the white stripe)

1 8yd knife pleat from MacDonald Kilts in Marton Mills Custom Weave 16oz Wisconsin State Tartan. (pleated to the gold stripe)

I do have a matching bias-cut waistcoat for the R'lyeh Sett for formal occasions, and am considering getting one for the

Wisconsin Sett as well.

My next kilt is almost certainly going to be in either Marton Mills Earl of St. Andrews or their Caledonia Sett

I'd love to get a kilt in Peter MacDonald's Culloden Tartan next time he does a run, but don't know when that will be.

I have 24 kilts, all but 3 made by me.

• Like 1

9 I think. I'll have to go home and count them, maybe they've spawned some more.

Six for me.

Looks like I'm about 6 short of many of you, I'm going to be making my own soon, it's getting the tartan picked out that is killing me, it's the squirrel brain in my head that keeps me undecided on what I want to buy....

well there's still modicum of envy - it may just be that I covet kilts and leather and tweed are something that I've not got, so it gets me fired up and wanting to break out my debit card :)

Kevin

Here is some advice if you like leather....it is worth waiting and saving than going the cheap route. I was very fortunate a few years ago, that Jeanie at AltKilt made me a brown leather kilt, box pleated in which I was able to apply a very generous prize she offered for a photo contest I had won. Unfortunately that kilt pretty well reeked havoc on her machines and she stopped making them, although now she had a successful KickStarter project to invest in new equipment to produce Leather kilts. My second leather took a few years of saving for, I literally earmarked OT from work and other bits of savings for about 3 years to get. It is an RKilt from Robert Pel. It is a fantastic kilt. I am a big fan of Robert's and yes they are an investment but the product is top notch. Robert uses more leather yardage than the EBay specials, really good hardware and rivets and the craftsmanship and quality is top shelf. And that fact that he is one helluva nice guy does not hurt.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've only got 6, but if I can ever sell the house in Oklahoma, so I'm not dealing with 2 house payments, I plan on more in the future. Next will probably be a great kilt for RenFaires and such and then more casuals for daily use.

6... For now !!

NONE!!! NONE!!! NONE!!! I have nothing but the unmanly bifurcated p@n+aloons!!! But I do have a stewart unpleated great kilt (blanket) so if anyone has one that wants to run away from home send it to me. {:)

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm up to 6 now. Just picked up a Black Stewart from Highland Kilt company at the Oshkosh irish fest. I'm shooting for the Cornwall hunting tarttan next.

I'm up to 10 now, 2 of which I made myself, and I have fabric for 2 more...

I've jumped up the kilt quantity ladder, I have a black utilikilt (my first kilt) two black watch kilts, a Wallace hunting, a maclaughlan weathered, and the Albannach that's on order.

Working on a couple more home sewns, just need to get my hands on the tartans I want and start poking fingers!

I have 3 kilts. One tartan, one tactical, and one tweed. The tweed doesn't get worn at all for about almost three years now. As that is the one that I would wear all the time and it is the one that I worn when my wife got pregnant and had my son. So up in the closet it sits in case we have another bout of infertility.

• Like 1

I believe we're at 14 (not counting the Comfy kilt), and constantly growing! My kilt count, NOT my waistline!

:KILT:

I have gone down one kilt, a coworker wanted to try some kilted freedom, and being that he is the same measurements I sold him my spare blackwatch kilt for a killer price.

Time to ponder my next kilt.

23 for me, with my most recent being a Holyrood Casual Kilt from USA Kilts.

Number 10 is being made.

Well I have 3 kilts at home and waiting for another one which should be available in next 2-3 days hopefully.

Number ten arrived Monday!

• Like 1

Still waiting for number 5 from USA kilts

Still at 11.

However, as I return to attempting getting back into physical shape, I may reward myself with a new kilt.

But, which one?

Hmmm... I am in need of a Black Watch that fits (my current one is 4+" too large)

Or perhaps an Irish Saffron?

But then, my Hunting Stewart could stand an upgrade, too.

Decisions, decisions.