KT

Kilt Stories From The Weekend Of The 4Th Of July, 2014

What great stories do you have from your weekend?

My kilted story comes not from the fireworks show, but from the hurricane that delayed them.

I had a stillwater Blackwatch medium weight kilt on for the day, and it started pouring like mad. We got roughly 8 inches of rain over the span of the day.

The gutters on my new house started backing up, clogged with pine needles again. I threw on my rain jacket ( which is not hurricane proof ) and ventured out. Ladder went on the house, up the ladder I went and the gutters were cleared in a glorious battle of man vs. nature. The rain soaked me to the bone. The wind did things with my kilt that would drive the ladies mad ;) . In one spot the water played havok with the dirt, and I sank up to my knees in mud. It was a disaster.

Once everything was cleared and the torrential downpour was directed away from the house, I began the process of cleaning up. I wrang about a quart of water from my kilt, and chucked it into the tub. My boots are STILL caked with mud and wet inside. The raincoat? Finally dry it has been relegated to the back of the closet in case every other rain protection garment fails, including a trashbag with holes in it.

For the fireworks, I was off to Onset, MA to watch them with the kids. Mother Nature was at it again, blowing wind up my kilt like a crazed loon with a leaf blower before I left the house, so I went the safe route and opted for shorts. I had no plans to wear my kilt as a shirt that night. The show was great and the kids had a blast with family and friends.

What kind of great fun did you have over the weekend?

• Like 1

My kilt and I had some great plans up north, but I sorta left it out on the bed when we left so I was sadly kiltless :(

I worked on my deck most of the day on the 4th... but the wife and I decided we needed to go out for dinner. To celebrate the 4th I threw on my American Heritage kilt from USA Kilts and to celebrate Germany's win in the World Cup I combined it with my Germany Jersey (an older style that is all white) and we went out.

Nothing exciting happened... aside from having an awesome meal in a mostly empty restraurant.

The end.

Took my wife out to supper on the 3rd. Wore my UT kilt khaki. Got a "nice kilt" from the waitress, and a head shake from my wife. Happens every time.

• Like 1

Went to dinner with the family , wore my Camo tactikilt . As we were walking out , the manager came out and said rather loudly "That KILT ROCKS" Made my evening.

• Like 2

I did the city of Muskogee a favor. to celebrate freedom I went for a run the morning of the 4th in my sport kilt with no shirt. Women swooned, men cursed, and my wife just shook her head. :nono:

• Like 2

I did the city of Muskogee a favor. to celebrate freedom I went for a run the morning of the 4th in my sport kilt with no shirt. Women swooned, men cursed, and my wife just shook her head. :nono:

well done :)

I commend you on this!

I worked...

Jim

Me too Jim.

July 4th for the picnic with family & friends I wore my SWK black watch kilt & Artificer sporan, while grilling burgers, dogs, & chicken.

July 5th at the fireworks I wore My UTK deluxe utility kilt.

I think I got toasty with the girls? I believe me, and the 2 Gingers, yes, a 3-some of sorts, spent the evening! And, it was excellent (for one of us, anyway)!

:KILT:

Well, this weekend (July 12, 2014), I'm donning my newest Kilt (just got a new utility kilt from UT Kilts yesterday) and I'm working on a couple of vehicles, working on some remodeling in our living room (replacing and bracing an old 1930's floor) and working in my yard as it feels HOT here in my part of Arkansas. It's currently 93 deg F with a heat index of 101 deg F and (luckily) only 49% humidity.