sgianendubhsiast

Scottish Wildcat Tartan

First let me say I am in not the creator nor designer of this, but I am simply raising awareness. It is on a kilt forum with a name that rhymes with "tex barks a lot". The whole idea is to make a tartan that represents the scottish wildcat and donate some proceeds to charity. Looks like it might not work out though bc that pesky (and simply wrong) rule 10.

• Like 2

Curse that rule 10!

• Like 1

I read the whole thread, it seems a noble cause, and great work on a tartan.. Jaw-jacked by rules put in place to prevent soliciting for charities (it was explained to me as such when I was trying to print shirts I designed not to raise money for anything but rather to raise AWARENESS of an all too common and too often a killer of men, testicular cancer.)

However......

Ahem....

please refer to the forum rules linked above and refer to rule 10: no begging/panhandling for money for your charity, or for your hair brained get rich quick scams.

E6FA00ED-8F60-43DC-99A1-8B717A465DF5.jpg

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 1

If it were not for the rules that forum would be a nice place to hang out.

• Like 1

We have ten rules? I suppose I am going to have to learn them some day.

Are they like our "General Orders?" Does this mean I've got to do homework???

Arrgh . . .

:KILT:

No homework woodie, all you need is common sense on this site, and I can say after meeting up with you a couple times, common sense is something you have good sir!

• Like 1

Its set up now in a way that doesn't violate rule 10. The design will be picked from three by Paul, who is the head of wildcat haven. Barbara Tewksbury is the "pleating advisor"

• Like 1

Save the Highland Tiger!

WOW . Love the Tartan and mission. That OTHER site is so tight you couldn't drive a pin up with a sledge hammer

• Like 3

I see the original thread has been closed because the moderators must have sat up all night debating on how to ruin a nice project.

The OP specifically said that his goal was not to violate a certain rule with the thread, he even warned members if their posts got even close to that rule. Yet still supposedly two tight a$$es whined to the overzealous moderators, and they set about seeing who they could chase away from their own site. In a big surprise they decided that yes in fact a rule had been broken, and yes in fact that was the rule the OP was worried about and apparently is is against that rule to even discuss that rule.

Is it just me or is this a little too much like fight club?

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

+++

The tartan is fantastic, good work on that design!

• Like 1

The project is going well now, I withdrew my tartan design due to the fact that Glen's "JockScot" variant is so nice. There may be a wildcat tweed in the future as well but the main focus is of course the tartan. There is a group on the facebook devoted to it. I personally will not buy much more than a yard but I am waiting for the tweed to make a waist coat.

When it's decided I will have to order some....I mean what's one more kilt....right?

• Like 1

I'm glad the design has been so well received here and elsewhere. I will keep you all up to date on the tartan but will say if you are on facebook the best thing would be to join the facebook group so you don't miss anything over there. Again thanks all for the interest in this project.

looks like a GREAT tartan!

Good to see you back Mcmurdo...long time no see :)

looks like a GREAT tartan!

Good to see you back Mcmurdo...long time no see :)

KT

Its good to be back, nice to have somewhere where we can discuss things like this :thumleft:

• Like 1

you are always welcome here my friend.

• Like 1

KT

Its good to be back, nice to have somewhere where we can discuss things like this :thumleft:

It is nice to have a forum where things aren't censored like.....at,um,cough,cough......"Tex Barks A Lot".....had a bad experience there after only two posts,not bashing but geezzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

M.

I've received the first lengths of the tartan, from the weavers, it's all been allocated already , but if there is any interest we do hope to have a second run, but for now, just a photo of it taken on a lovely bright and sunny spring day_MG_8458_zpsomnmynrl.jpg

• Like 1