Joseph

Hello From Denver

Born and raised in MS / LA, I moved to Denver a few years ago. I love it here. I joined another kilt forum at first as it was more popular, it came up in my search engine first. I'm sure you know the one, same here are likely members of both.

I'm Sure BotK doesn't exist to bash that other forum, but I ran into a lot of criticism over there over not wearing the kilt in the traditional way...... actually I felt like though there are good people there they are mostly all unfriendly. They sensor a lot of innocent posts and topics. I was hoping this would be a friendlier place to hang out with kilt people.

I don't come to kilt forums to argue with other kilt wearers as to WHY I wear a kilt the way I do. I think we get enough of that from those who don't even wear kilts.

So "Hello" from Redneck Joe in CO. :)

• Like 3

Hello Joseph - Welcome to the brotherhood. I am, well lets say, not a good boy over at that other forum and have two marks against me. So I am cautious on what I say over there, a newbies opinion is not to welcome from what I learned. But there are a lot of good guys over there and I have learned a lot.

I like it here more at BoK, more my sort of forum without the 101 rules. Conversation flows here and there is a more welcome and accepting feeling here. So I tend to post here more than there.

So welcome and jump into the frey.

Howdy from the Republic of Texas! I have 2 strikes over there as well, and have played with the thought of stepping on toes one more time to bring down the ban hammer on me, but i just haven't gotten around to it. Welcome brother, and enjoy your freedom here.

Welcome from Lake in the Hills, IL.

I have to agree there can be some snooty-uppity folks over there

I guess I'm lucky. I found BOTK first and I happily stayed here. You can say whatever you feel, within common courtesy of course, and if we don't like it we won't comment... tough crowd lol. Or we might set a herd of wild haggis on you...

and welcome to the forum

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 1

Howdy, from Arkansas.

Welcome, from Oklahoma. I'm in the same boat as kilted moon. I found BotK first. I have browsed the other place a couple of times. I like here much better.

Welcome, from a non-traditional kilt wearing Texan.

I've never spent any time on the Other Forum, but browsed there a couple of times and never felt compelled to join in. I like it here though, and hope you will as well.

I wear mine usually in the traditional way, but I like it here and I don't need tons of rules just applied common sense (well not all the time)! :KILT:

Hi from Australia, Joe. I wear mine traditionally (even when it's casual), to the point where I wont wear a kilt that's not in my Clan tartan. I've been banned from pretty much every kilt forum out there because I wont be told what to do with my own national dress by a want-to-be Scotsman (I was born in Aberdeen). If there's (rarely) an argument here it's usually me that starts it, but for some reason the mods like me & put up with my arrogance. You'll love it here, it's welcoming,people have no problems with explaining things to beginners, and it's non-dictatorial. It's also far less anal than the other forums. Welcome aboard.

Welcome from Aurora, CO! I feel the same way about that other "stop' on the internet; they're a little more judgmental and less accepting of anyone who's not inherently tied to wearing a kilt in a somewhat historical and "regent" way. I like to think a kilt can replace a pair of pair of p@nt$ or shorts and that's it - it's a piece of clothing and although I walk a little taller and make sure my shoes are shined when I dress up, it's just as good to put on a well-worn utility kilt and boots to cut the grass.

All in all, men and women here are much more accepting and supportive of guys that want to kilt instead of wearing one as a costume or an homage to Scottish heritage :wink:

• Like 1