Sign in to follow this  
branmakmorn

Whiskey Reviews

I just stumbled across a place to get a scotch review. I found it while looking for more William Lawson commercials. Any way it's ralfy.com, and as well as being informative, it is rather entertaining. Slainte yall

Bit bummed out. I've been meaning to try William lawson whisky but have had no luck finding it. Is it just a Scotland only thing?

William Lawson is now available stateside apparently....

From their website:

"If you live in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania,

Massachusetts, or Georgia head to your nearest liquor store

and pick up a bottle (or two). If not, break the rules and get

there as fast as you can."

Finally had time on the commute to check out the ralfy.com site... Fantastic reviews and thoughts as he does his reviews....

I will subscribe to his channel and drop a line to him with my praise for the insight.

He has also done some interesting educational ones that were not straight reviews. He showed how to blend 3 different scotches that came from the same malt, thus making what amounts to a single malt with some qualities of a blend. He also has one on how to make cheap whisky into good whisky but mimicking the aging process with a small piece of wood.

I'll half to look around. I'm in Upper Michigan and most of the liquor stores are on the Wisconsin side of the border. And Lower Michigan tends to treat Upper Michgan like England treats Scotland. We're only good for tourists and vacations and that's about it. No real business up here.

I will have to check with Specs in Houston. I usually do not drink blended scotch but I would be willing to try Lawson's just because of their ads.

@rob soderman

Where in the UP are you?

I have a cabin in Eagle River, WI.

Perhaps a meet up this next summer for a couple pints and/or drams?

I have a homebrewer friend who is in the UP, we are meeting her and her husband for a few pints, perhaps we can combine gatherings?