The Amadan

A Return

Ran my 1st post-incident competitive race Thursday, in the local Turkey Trot 5k.
(that's me, in red #996) (No, I wasn't kilted, for this one)
Dang little ankle biter, immediately in front of me, nearly tripped me before my race began - but that's a rant for another time.
I finished well within the timeframe I hoped for; only slightly off from my last year pace.
Out of approx. 500 entrants I finished mid-pack overall, and mid-pack for my age group.

Met up with some schoolmates I haven't seen, for ages... reminisced a bit. (my ego received a boost, when my time was better than any of theirs :wink: )

Another milestone back to "normalcy" accomplished.

The most gratifying part: My wife informed me that she is determined to join me, next year!!

photo_zpsfc0bcac4.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome way to get back on that horse bud. Glad to see life is returning to normal for you.

Hey Tony that is Awesome glad to see things getting back to normal. Hope you did'nt eat to much turkey after the run.

John

Congrats man!! It feels great to be doing normal shyte again huh?

I'm going to laugh my scrawny arse off when your Bonny lass whoops you in next years race!!!

Honestly though, I look forward to your recovery posts, the drive you both have is inspiring!!

Hey Tony that is Awesome glad to see things getting back to normal. Hope you did'nt eat to much turkey after the run.

John

There is NO such thing, as too much turkey. :laughing:

• Like 1

Thats why I said a Special Thanks Giving to our inhouse TurkeyHolic. :turkey1::nod:

John

Looking good, glad you are getting back in the swing, really great that Mary now has a goal too. Nothing like a little in marriage competition to speed the healing. You go big guy.

• Like 1

Again, looking good! That's a fine notch in your belt to finish so strongly.

That's the way brother! Next one is back riding!

• Like 1

Good job in getting back in the game. life is to short, so grab it by the nether region and go with it. Next year, make a statement and wear a kilt over some black long johns or something.

Good job in getting back in the game. life is to short, so grab it by the nether region and go with it. Next year, make a statement and wear a kilt over some black long johns or something.

Actually wore a kilt last year. LOL

We have a snowshoe 5k out here I'm contemplating doing kilted this winter. Think the wool wallace is a good choice given the sub zero temps most winters here?

Congrats Tony. Lots of work went into that race, I know. Glad you are doing well.

After taking a month off, for no apparent/good reason, I shall now endeavor to regain my running skills.
Should I fail to reacquire said skills, I will then seek, at minimum, to keep my butt moving at a pace greater than a common 3-toed sloth.

You may wish to avert your eyes; This might not be pretty.

I'am sure that you will be able to regain the running skills that you once had just keep in mind your'e goal and stick to it. Don't you need snow shoes out there at this point in time.

John

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.