PTAaron

Fitness Tip 2/18/15 - Quit Being Lazy!

The original version of this is posted here: http://fitnessboard.net/wordpress/quit-being-lazy/ - edited the title so the profanity filter didn't have to censor it. Quit Being So Lazy!

lazy.jpg

Today’s post is more of a rant and it is inspired by a lot of things that I see on a regular basis, but what really set this in motion was what happened at Costco one Tuesday morning. I arrived about 10 minutes before the store opened because I finished my workout early – so I grabbed a spot in the front row near the doors. Normally I wouldn’t bother parking so close, but I needed to get in and back out quickly. Anyway – I went in, picked up my protein powder and a few random things, and walked back out to my car. By this time there were a few more cars in the parking lot – specifically there were 2 cars next to mine, and every other spot was WIDE OPEN. As I approached my car a woman pulled up behind me and PUT ON HER BLINKER to claim the spot! TWO CARS OVER THERE WERE LITERALLY 100 OPEN SPOTS!!!! SERIOUSLY LADY??? YOU CAN’T WALK AN EXTRA FIFTEEN FEET?????? Can you tell this bothered me? I sat in my car shaking my head and laughing at how goddamned ridiculous it was that this lady was willing to sit and wait for this spot rather than park and already be at the front door of the store before I even put my car in drive.

This is not an isolated incident, as many of you no doubt are aware. People are just SO d@mn LAZY these days, it is truly depressing. The situation that makes me wonder if there is hope for humanity is when I see people circling the parking lot AT THE GYM looking for a spot close to the door! AREN’T YOU GOING INSIDE TO WORK OUT????? Is it going to make you fall into overtraining if you walk an extra 30 feet to get into the door to start your workout????? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??? I regularly have people start following behind me as I walk out the door of the gym in hopes of getting my parking spot. When they do that, I usually make a point of walking towards the closest row of cars – walking along the entire row, then going down the next row with them still following, before finally heading to where my car really is – which is nowhere near the door. For some reason they usually give me dirty looks as they drive away. I don’t know why… they could be in the gym working out already if they just parked in one of the open spots!

These are probably the same people that complain that they just can’t seem to drop the weight they want to lose for some strange reason even though they go to the gym regularly! Gee, I wonder why that could be?

Stop acting like a lazy slug and you’ll stop looking like one!

LOL

One of my favorite shopping pastimes was watching the "jostling-for-parking-perfection" idiots. (wife currently uses a temporary handicap tag)

We usually parked 'way out yonder', just to avoid that nonsense.

The best, however, are the jerks who simply park at the front door. :nono:

• Like 1

I once met a guy in a wheelchair who didn't usually park in the handicap spots. He figured if he could wheel himself around the mall for an hour, a few extra spots out didn't matter. (If someone was pushing him, no need to make it harder than needed on them)

• Like 1

I think I'm like you in the respect that I rarely park close, I have crap to do and don't feel like jockeying for pole position at the grocery store. I'm thinking of getting a pedometer for work to see just how far I go just doing my job.

• Like 1

I'll park close if the lot isn't crowded and I'm in a hurry - or if I'm with the wife and it is cold/raining if we are just out and about... but at the gym? Sad part is the irony is completely lost on the people that are doing it.

I'll park close if the lot isn't crowded and I'm in a hurry - or if I'm with the wife and it is cold/raining if we are just out and about... but at the gym? Sad part is the irony is completely lost on the people that are doing it.

My wife's car had the englne blow up (again) so she has my car now. At least at the main gym, we only had/have about 5 months left, and I dropped her from it. I had to switch to the YMCA (a few exercises I can't do now, a few new ones, many just different enough that I had to start over on their machines, but it does have a pool... and a rowing machine)

As such, I have driven to the Y once so far in about 2 weeks, and that was when I took my youngest swiming. I have walked there, or rode my bike, every day. I have also learned at least one of my backpacks is not water resistant.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.