Deafninja

Greeting From Dayton, Ohio

Just found this forum and have been lurking a bit. I have found a lot of great information and decided to join in.

I only have 1 kilt I bought several years ago at the Dayton Celtic Festival. It's an UtiliKilt which at the time I had the $ for. Sadly this is the only kilt I have owned and wore and would like to expand my wardrobe with a bit more kilts.

However I don't want to break the bank either. So looking at more fairly priced quality modern kilts to add and eventually would like to include several tartan kilts, with one being of my family's tartan some day.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and look forward to learning more.

Welcome to the asylum from Lake in the Hills, Illinois!

For good kilts at a good price I would look into UTkilts, they have modern kilts in many configurations and colors, tartan kilts in synthetic fiber as well as wool, great selection at prices even I can afford!!

Give em a look and let us know what you think!

• Like 1

GrainReaper,

Thank you for the welcome and the recommendation! I took a look at the UTkilts and liked what I saw. However concerned about some reviews about them wrinkling a lot. Your experience?

Most any fabric a kilt is made from can wrinkle, I'm fairly careful with all my kilts, they get hung up when not worn, and my one utility kilt I have that sees more abuse does take on a wrinkle or three, I just hang in the bathroom and take a steamy shower, then I just brush the wrinkles smoothe and its ready to roll again

Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin.

I have two UT.s and have not had any problems all denim wrinkles a bit.

John

Just found this forum and have been lurking a bit. I have found a lot of great information and decided to join in.

I only have 1 kilt I bought several years ago at the Dayton Celtic Festival. It's an UtiliKilt which at the time I had the $ for. Sadly this is the only kilt I have owned and wore and would like to expand my wardrobe with a bit more kilts.

However I don't want to break the bank either. So looking at more fairly priced quality modern kilts to add and eventually would like to include several tartan kilts, with one being of my family's tartan some day.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and look forward to learning more.

Got-Kilt will be at the festival, and i have a few from him, much cheaper than utilikilts.

Now, you say Dayton, but where are you really at? (And has anyone heard from Mike-in-Dayton lately?) Piqua, myself.

Thank you everyone for the greetings and info. Sathor, I live in between the beavercreek and Kettering area. Do you have a brick and mortar store or mainly just festivals?

Thank you everyone for the greetings and info. Sathor, I live in between the beavercreek and Kettering area. Do you have a brick and mortar store or mainly just festivals?

I am unemployed, but I do try to volunteer at the bike co-op in Kettering. Got-Kilt (dirk) does festivals, but has a brick in mortar store right in the heart of Celtic culter, Frankenmuth Michigan.

Well, its the heart of something, I guess...

Welcome, from Oklahoma.

GrainReaper,

Thank you for the welcome and the recommendation! I took a look at the UTkilts and liked what I saw. However concerned about some reviews about them wrinkling a lot. Your experience?

To me kilts are like blue jeans, a few wrinkles,holes or stains just and character!

• Like 1

To me kilts are like blue jeans, a few wrinkles,holes or stains just and character!

The holes in my last pair of jeans make them a problem to wear... I might switch to shorts before I really should because of that.

Welcome to the group Deafninja. I am in the Dayton area in Centerville at the Kettering line.

I am still around Sathor; just not posting much. Unfortunatly I will have to miss the Dayton Celtic Fest this year.

Howdy from the Republic of Texas!

Thank you everyone for the greetings.

Mike in Dayton, do you have a store or just sell at festivals?

Welcome, from the gorgeous, yet humbly unmentioned south-central valley, of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania!

Thank you everyone for the greetings.

Mike in Dayton, do you have a store or just sell at festivals?

Sorry, I don't sell anything. I always try to attend the Datyon Celtic fest but just as a spectator.

Mike