Sign in to follow this  
KT

Kiltology #506 - Mother Nature

I have often wondered why it is windy outside almost every day I am kilted.

I also wondered why it happens more when I spend some time putting together what I am wearing and not just throwing on the first kilt I find.

I realized what it is this morning.

A good strong wind is Mother Nature's way of saying "Nice Kilt".

*****do not repost without a link to this page*****

Get your own copy of Kiltology here! www.amazon.com

• Like 1

But does Mother Nature need to try and find the answer to "the question"??

not sure. I have heard the hills have eyes and the forest is always watching you, so maybe not.

Chicago wind seems to blow "up" most days, one minute you are walking proud, next minute you are looking like Marilyn Monroe during the filming of "seven year itch" over that subway grate.

• Like 1

I'm trying to get over my discomfort on breezy days. Wearing a sporran, I don't imagine there's anything to see, regardless of how it feels.

My wife once made a comment that girls in strapless dresses make everyone feel a bit awkward. Not that there's anything wrong with the dress, but their obvious discomfort in it (self-consciousness, constantly pulling it up) just attracts attention to them being awkward and uncomfortable, and seems to create a cycle of awkwardness. I kind of feel like the same thing happens when I'm wearing a kilt on a windy day downtown. Any suggestions for dealing with this discomfort?

I'm trying to get over my discomfort on breezy days. Wearing a sporran, I don't imagine there's anything to see, regardless of how it feels.

My wife once made a comment that girls in strapless dresses make everyone feel a bit awkward. Not that there's anything wrong with the dress, but their obvious discomfort in it (self-consciousness, constantly pulling it up) just attracts attention to them being awkward and uncomfortable, and seems to create a cycle of awkwardness. I kind of feel like the same thing happens when I'm wearing a kilt on a windy day downtown. Any suggestions for dealing with this discomfort?

Staples work great!

I use a good kilt pin with some heft on a windy day, my sporran keeps my hangy bits covered, and worst case in crazy wind I kilt pin the aprons together so the kilt can't fly open.astly with wind countermeasures in place I try to stand so the wind is blowing things owed instead of up and open

• Like 1

You could test your kilt pin / sporran set ups (I have neither) with a leaf blower.

Ive seen videos of this being done for kilt compititions.

Sign in to follow this