Sign in to follow this  
PTAaron

The 5.11 Kilt Is Available Again...

Just a heads up for anyone that wanted one but missed out the last time they were available... just got an email that they are available again.

http://www.511tactical.com/catalog/product/view/id/110911/?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Tactical+Duty+Kilt

I have 2... one from a few years ago that is now way too big, and one that I picked up on a backpacking forum that is the correct size ;)

I like it - it was my first kilt, even though it is far from traditional it was a great purchase.

Just thought I would share!

Good to hear. I'd been interested in one about a year ago and was disappointed to find they were not available. Now I know what to ask for as a birthday present.

I wear mine (probably my favorite kilt) at traditional waist/navel level. I wish the apron was a BIT wider, but other than that I don't think I'd change anything about it! It's pretty much perfect.

I want to order another, but can't decide on a color...so far!

I wear mine (probably my favorite kilt) at traditional waist/navel level. I wish the apron was a BIT wider, but other than that I don't think I'd change anything about it! It's pretty much perfect.

I want to order another, but can't decide on a color...so far!

I also wear mine at traditional waist level. The reason is two fold. First the fell is sewn too far down. At jean wist the sewn down fell is well below where it should be. At true waist level it is about right. The second reason is the length of the kilt. If worn at jean waist it would fall well below the knee.

I noticed something similar with the 5.11 jeans that I have though. The waist on the 5.11's was 2"-3" higher than most of my other jeans, which I typically wear closer to the hip. The 5.11's felt like the cut conformed closest to my body with the waist closer to the naval. I don't find it surprising to hear that the same is true on their kilt.