Laphroaig

Hello from California and a question on the Working Kilt...

Hi Guys and greetings from a very hot CA - perfect kilt wearing weather.

I'm writing an article on the good and bad points of wearing a kilt to work and would appreciate any comments on your experience.

Most people I've spoken to say they've never had a customer complain about their kilt and it often starts great conversations.   

I have had a couple of guys mention they had a hard time with their HR manager because it wasn't in the dress code.  One got an absolute NO WAY. 

Any comments would be great. All will be totally anonymous in my article.  It would be useful if you mentioned the type of industry you worked in.

Thanks guys.

Welcome! My line of work won't allow for the wearing of a kilt....... I would love to BUT impossible......:(

Howdy from the Republic of Texas!

Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin I wear a Kilt to work but change into a uniform when I get there I'am a Boiler Eng.at a Hospital in Il.

John

Working in an emergency department, a pediatric ED, kilts are not practical. Good luck. 

mind if I ask who you are writing for? Wondering why you wouldn't credit the folks you quote as well as that I would love to see the final product in print.