Hi from central ny I have been wearing kilts for 3 months now. Debating on taking friends challenge and wear them for a year straight 

If you do it for a year you may never go back to p@nt$! :D

• Like 2

Yea it is going to be interesting being the only one like this

you will be fine.  I am the only one wearing a kilt around here as well.  Just be yourself and enjoy it!

Thanks. My office celebrated my 5 year anniversary today, so i stood infront of the entire office for almost 2 hrs. It was embarrassing but awesome to be in the kilt and celebrating my time.

I find nothing embarrassing about wearing my kilt! At first I wondered what people were thinking but after a while of getting complements I could care less what others think! It's part of my heritage and I am d@mn proud of it!! Enjoy this long and proud heritage, even if your not Scottish/Celtic!  

• Like 1

Yup. I've never heard a negative comment. People may think or say something negative behind my back but to my face I've received only compliments or light hearted questions about...well..you know. th.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for the positivity comments, this has help me to decide that being in a kilt is the best thing in the world and i am going to stay like this. Time to put my p@nt$ in storage.

So it is official as of today, I am going to be kilted 24/7.  I left for work early and dropped all my p@nt$ off in storage.The kilt is so comfortable and everyone has been supportive, so i am going to be staying like this. I am so glad i got talked in to try out the kilt. I don't think i am going back to p@nt$ again.

• Like 1

Howdy from the Republic of Texas!

Hello from western Pennsylvania and the great city of Pittsburgh! I have only been wearing kilts a couple of years. One gets a lot of use whenever I do yard work. Very comfortable and less tiring than p@nt$.

• Like 1

Yea the kilts are so much more comfortable than p@nt$. I am starting to really enjoy being the only one in the area wearing a kilt.

So took Friday off and went the storage unit this week and pulled my bin of p@nt$ out. Kept one set of swim trunks, then took all my p@nt$ to the homeless shelter and donated them. Since I don't need the p@nt$ any more i decided to donate the to the homeless. 

I have been trying to get over my fear of public speaking for a long time finally got up the courage this weekend and went to a local comedy club and did a 15 minute routine. I did pretty good got some laughs and felt awesome walking up there and standing in front of the whole place in the kilt.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Comdrcoe said:

So took Friday off and went the storage unit this week and pulled my bin of p@nt$ out. Kept one set of one set so swim trunks, then took all my p@nt$ to the homeless shelter and donated them. Since I don't need the p@nt$ any more i decided to donate the to the homeless. 

I have been trying to get over my fear of public speaking for a long time finally got up the courage this weekend and went to a local comedy club and did a 15 minute routine. I did pretty good got some laughs and felt awesome walking up there and standing in front of the whole place in the kilt.

That's cool! Someone in need will get some p@nt$ and you may be the next kilted comedian!

• Like 1

Yea loved it gave up the p@nt$ once and for all, don't have them to fall back on any more. I was kinda self conscious stand on stage in the kilt but loved being up there in front of everyone in the kilt. Talked to a bunch of people after that thought it was really cool that i had the guts to get up and do a routine in the kilt.

• Like 1