KiltedYaksman

Kilted Chronicle 2: The First Try

The kilts arrived in the mail yesterday.  After a quick try-on, I determined that they both fit perfectly, and after wearing for a few minutes, I could see right away that this was a new level of comfort I had not yet experienced.

This morning I decided to try the utility kilt during a free weight work out.  Personally, I'd recommend that you stay away from exercise machines.  80% of the workouts were performed while preserving modesty.  Good thing I work out at home!  Other than that, the kit performed extremely well.  The waistband of the standard utility kilt (from UT kilts) is a bit stiff, so bending is a bit of an issue.  Hiking up or lowering the kilt to move the waistband out of the way was no problem, although in the future I will be considering a kilt specifically designed for sport.  Just yesterday I was wearing my standard gym gear, sweating and feeling slimy.  Somehow, the kilt perfectly regulates the body temperature, and there was nary a tight pant seam to be found.

The other kilt I purchased was a 100% standard (5 yard) wool kilt, also from UT kilts.  This fit well, and was surprisingly comfortable.  I wore it around the house after my workout today, and sat down at the computer to do some work.  As someone who works on the computer a lot, this was the most comfortable I've ever felt while doing this.

Overall the quality of the kilts is satisfactory, for the price.  As introductory garments, they are absolutely perfect.  I feel like I can wear these for a while and get comfortable, before I decide to spend the big bucks at the more traditional kilt shops.  In the meantime, I will continue to experiment with the kilt's functionality in various activities.

In conclusion, this has been a life-changing experience!  Not only did I find these two versions of kilt to be functional and comfortable, I actually look and feel pretty good.  The kilts from UT kilts were both of great value for the price, and they look perfectly fine.  The non-kilt parts were not as good, but acceptable for a start.

Well I suppose the next try will be some house chores and gardening, or maybe a hike.

I probably took off almost a minute a mile hiking in a kilt. 

IMG_1749.jpg

• Like 1

Just wear it

People are people

I live in a very prejudiced, small minded small city - they stared because I am not one of them, they stared because I am heavily tattooed, they stare because if it is not 0 (32) degrees outside I don't feel the need for a jacket, they comment because of the above, they run across the street like I am going to eat them. Now add a kilt - they take pictures after I walk past, stop conversations and stare more. If I was doing it for the attention I would wear my landsknecht  (google it, stop laughing - I love it) kit that I use for reenactment and fighting purposes. Most people don't say too much and know I will scrap - beat the ever loving Jesus out of my wife's adopted brother in the town square after her father's funeral and he tried to steal stuff, almost got shipped back to Arizona for that (a friend is a big attorney here, he spoke with the police about everything.... "Men" here are passive aggressive, lots of bark but very little bite - I don't care about feelings and love to throw hands). 

The people who know me or the people who want to know me know I am VERY playful, always a joke and like to have fun. Taxi drivers drive by and honk, flash a little leg. When waiting for a taxi or friends - flash a little leg to have the stop. If you see my photo as avatar here or on Facebook, next time I am in Cordoba - gonna do it (wife is shy, hates attention and she ended up with me...... Poor girl is going to have a meltdown). Hell, I even played like a hooker, bending into a window in my buddy's car for laughs. Women love it, my wife is an artist and teaches art, I am around women a lot here (zero refinement, I will still crack dirty jokes and watch them blush or try to make me leave by getting dirtier, you can take Tarzan out of the jungle, but you cannot take the jungle out of Tarzan).

The key things is, be you, own what you do, I am just irritated all I have is Black Watch - I need more colors in my life, maybe Black Stuart

If I can do it here, it will be easier there - trust me, just do it

• Like 1

I'm more of The Quiet Man. I don't say much to people and if they leave me alone, I leave them alone. Some may smirk or even laugh, some may like it, some may just say good morning. Thing is, I've never had someone start trouble with me. Not over wearing a kilt at least. Maybe they understand the humor and irony of getting their ass kicked by a man in a skirt or maybe it doesn't matter to them. It's none of my business really. The key is to live according to one's will limited only by the equal rights we all share. That's something the musterbating in society could learn. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 11:32 PM, macmanjim said:

I probably took off almost a minute a mile hiking in a kilt. 

IMG_1749.jpg

I'm looking forward to giving that a try, it was the main reason I was interested in the kilt to begin with.  Unfortunately, I am still walking on crutches right now so it will have to be something to look forward to.

It's part of my exercise regimen. I've lost 133lbs since June 19 do Ketogenic diet. 19lbs to go.