Sign in to follow this  
The Kilted Nation

TKN at the Eastern Market in DC (and more news)

Welcome to the new year!!! A lot of things are going to be happening this year.

First (and happening tomorrow, Sunday the 6th) we will be vending at the Eastern Market, in Washington D.C. We plan on this is being the first of at least a monthly visit to the venerable and famous flee market. It is an excellent opportunity for those in D.C., and other areas that make it difficult to visit us in Manassas, to view, try on and purchase kilts, t-shirts and other accessories. Market runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the weather looks to be warming up for us!!!

At the end of the month, I will be making a trip out to Glasgow, Scotland, to visit Scotland's Trade Fair. There will be over 500 vendors there, and I am to find the best deals for you all and expand our offerings.

On March 15th, we will be vending at Shamrockfest (brought to you by DC101 and HiBall Events). In addition to The Kilted Nation, a barrage of Celtic and Irish musicians will be playing from noon till 10 p.m. (The PubCrawlers, Carbon Leaf, The Tossers and more!!!!). Get your kilts early because they be flying of the rack that day.

We are working on a full line-up of events around the mid-Atlantic area, some that you may not have seen kilts at before (wine festivals, regional flea markets, etc). These are in addition repeating at the Virginia Scottish Games, the Alexandria Scottish Heritage Fair and local Manassas events.

Keep your eyes and ears open, we'll be announcing more soon! We'll also have an online calendar, soon, so you can see the latest schedule.

Last, but not least.....non-kilt related.....I'm thinking about a Kilted Nation fitness challenge....anyone interested? If you're like me, a little behind on the daily workouts...maybe a little friendly competition is just enough to get you motivated. If anyone is interested, shoot us an email or contact us through the web page.

Finally...last week I put in a order for 100 of the poly-viscos kilts. They ended up being very popular with every that saw them so we are getting more of them, and more tartans (think I ordered 8 different tartans). They should be in, in the next few weeks, along with the second half of our Utilikilts order which should be in next week.

Until next time,

Brad

The Kilted Nation