Sign in to follow this  
cavscout

Kilt Belt Knife Sheath

i dig that man. very niiiiiiice

beautiful stuff, steve.

Very nice

Excellent design, and outstanding craftsmanship!

I like that leaf-bladed knife as well. Does it throw well?

Excellent design, and outstanding craftsmanship!

I like that leaf-bladed knife as well. Does it throw well?

The knife is a Smith and Wesson, very well made and good steel. I believe it cost only about 20.00 from Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Pigeon Forge TN

I was thinking the same thing Doc. I bet it throws well. Sheath should be a fairly fast draw too.

It is all fun and games till someone loses an eye. And then it's keep away!

Steve, I am truely impressed with that, Is it a one of a kind or will you be offering that in the future.

Thanks Lads!

It is a one of a kind in the sense that it's hand-made for that knife. I haven't decided if I'll be offering them on the web site but if someone comes along and would like a custom sheath, I'll do what I can to help.

My next project will be to mold a sheath for my Officer Sgian. The stock sheath that came with it doesn't protect the kilt hose when putting the knife back in. If you place the sheath shallow in the sock, there's too much handle sticking up and the knife will flop around, too low and you slice up your $80 kilt hose. Neither is a good option. So, I'll modify the shape by adding about 1-1/2" to the length that will actually wrap around the lower part of the grip and extending to the top of the sock. Then to re-sheath the knife, just put the point into the molded cavity and insert. The hose are not damaged and the knife is held firmly in place.

It will look something like this

sheathcolor5.jpg

Try this sheath-making tutorial on for size Steve.

You end up with this. for the sock you can just deep-six the strap. Use a thinner leather so that the bulk in's so great in the sock.

scanditut41.jpg

That's a great tutorial Turpin. He demonstrates a lot of good tips.

Try this sheath-making tutorial on for size Steve.

You end up with this. for the sock you can just deep-six the strap. Use a thinner leather so that the bulk in's so great in the sock.

scanditut41.jpg

Great gallumping galoshes that is a beautiful blade and sheath. Look at it. So simple. So flawless. Uncomplicated and uncluttered. That is amazing.

Great gallumping galoshes that is a beautiful blade and sheath. Look at it. So simple. So flawless. Uncomplicated and uncluttered. That is amazing.

And a nice burl too. Nice work (as usual) Steve.

And a nice burl too. Nice work (as usual) Steve.

Oh, I can't take credit for the one Turpin posted. Maybe one day, but not today :zidel: