kilt review

http://www.thekiltednation.com/product.php...t=53&page=1

myKilt_TKN_4.jpg

myKilt_TKN_5.jpg

myKilt_TKN_1.jpg

myKilt_TKN_2.jpg

myKilt_TKN_3.jpg

Jumping in on this one a little late:

The PV kilts come standard 24 inches, and are hemmed. When shortened, the new hem is the same as the old. I have a local seamstress that does wonderful work on these, the Utilikilts...everything I have brought her. You can't tell any work had been done.

As to the fabric, its weight, etc.....take a look at the previous post I made on this at Xmarks, as well as point to here (pointing to definitions and everything). The tag on the inside of the kilts says:

65% viscous rayon

35% acetate fiber

I can only tell you what my vendors tell me and advertise these as. And they are sold to me (and directly to the public) as 16 oz. poly viscose kilts.

They are definitely NOT acrylic.....come into the store....I'll show you one of each. They are much different, and I do not like the feel or look of the acrylic kilts.

Is it the same quality PV as seen coming from Marten Mills (used by Neokilt and others)? Absolutely not (which is reflected in the price). But the kilts are very well made. The stiffness works out as you wear it more. Everyone that has seen them or purchased them has only given me positive feedback.

I know its argument that can't be won either way....which is why I have kilts of all styles, fabrics and price ranges.

Brad

First let me say the whole customer/merchant exchange was perfect. i recommend this company.

and as for the kilt...

originally i was gonna have it hemmed. they come in 24" length. i wear 22-23 in traditional cut kilts (much less in neo-modern cut kilts). and the hem lengths offered come in two inch increments so i figured, i could avoid the wait, the extra cost, and the look of a hem. i got the 24". as it turns out, i wear it well. my wife likes a longer kilt on me. i happy with anything from the top of my knee to the bottom. as it turns out, it is already hemmed! and you CAN'T see it! the kilts rather well made. and for the price, it is VERY well made!

the CONs:

- the tartan pattern is not centered on the front appron.

- the pleat depth varies wildly. i guess they did this to keep it pleated to the sett but without eating up too much cloth... i guess

- if the temperature and humidity is low, it will generate a heck of a static charge (though my furry undercarriage could have something to do with that)

i consider the 2nd and 3rd points to be quite minor.

the PROs:

- i love this material!! it looks and moves and swings like a wool tank! (it doesn't have the wool feel, but you won't know unless you had a side-by-side comparison)

- the cloth is thick, unlike my PV USA Kilt which is dainty by comparison (i still love my USA Kilt, so i don't mean to slight them; they make great kilts.) as Brad said this is NOT like acrylic. i have seen and felt those, they look like soft blankets or bathrobes.

- very easy to iron

- the pleat edges stay sharp, and are deep despite the varying depth

- the thing just won't wrinkle

- vibrant colors

- the inner lining is stitched down

- the straps'n'buckles are sturdy and designed well

- it is a perfect fit, perfect cut, and hangs well.

- THE PRICE!!!

i would order more if there were more tartan choices to choose from.

thanks for the great kilt Brad!

Looking good!

That was a really good review, thanks, Ian.

Kilt ON!

Chris Webb

I love the Tartan and it is a great match with the new BotK shirts!

Ian, I can't see your pictures here at work but if it the kilt in the link you posted, Well Done. I think I found a new place to buy kilts....

I love the Tartan and it is a great match with the new BotK shirts!

thanks all.

i think every tartan matches the color 'good cause'

:faint:

Man I really wish I had more time these days.......working the store and my regular IT consulting job is tough to keep up.

Many thanx for the review....the photo's look great (can I add the to my gallery?).

Hopefully they will be adding other tartans as time goes on.....I'm have just added a few more here in the store and will get them online soon. There is a total of about 16 that they currently offer, if you include the camo and solid black kilts.

Again, thanx....you always here complaints, but rarely hear when things are good.

Brad

TKN

Great Review Ian! good lookin Kilt!