OFCJAX

TCS #113 is mine!

I was on my way to the library for my usual cheap indulgence of returning and checking out DVD's, when I noticed the mail had come. I opened the box and the first thing I see is a big USPS bag. I wasn't sure what it was till I saw the return address.

SWEET!

I whipped out my brand new sgian dubh (ebay) and commenced to slashing. I pull out this baby! TCS #113. The croc printed cowhide looked awesome against the (unknown to me) leather the rest is made up of. The contrasting red thread really stands out as well. Silver metal components, and that great smell of leather made me instantly happy. Not a small feat, mind you.

I had some pretty outlandish requests mind you. I asked that the pulls be made from dice. I also asked that the button be made removable so I could replace it with whichever concho struck my fancy. Both came out great. I also asked for a holster for a Zippo and a cigar tube to be added to the inside front portion, as I will add a holster for my BUG later on the back portion. Also came out great in croc and red stitching. To continue the theme I had him fix up a SWK sporran strap with the Croc and red outfit as well. He even added a new set of chain and hooks for me as I had sent him just the leather and a new buckle.

Speaking of going "Out of the way," I inquired about putting the Needle Pimp logo on the flap and he said Donnie (Wyvern Leather Works) would be better at that. I took that as a note and figured I'd have to consult him later. There was one included in the bag that was also trimmed the same way!

ON TO THE PICS!

It must have been "Day of the Croc" as I tried out my attempt at a Croc sporran on my cheap attempted at sporran hangers. Kilt is the SK LEO kilt and my BOTK shirt. Today was the first outing for everything but the belt.

2149507840102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

Not sure what happened to my buckle on this one. I changed out the button for a silver 1/2 dollar version. (More Bling!)

2957818670102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

Man, that red stitching is nice!

2882487920102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

A close up

2136059750102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

Close up. Sorry about the crappy pics.

2354716880102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

The back. Turpin signed as well as TCS 113 stamped

2526804350102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

The inside front showing the lighter and tube holsters as seen by the wearer.

2497177750102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

Turned inside out.

2828739490102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

The back where the holster will go. Luckily (or due to ingenious planning by Turpin) I can rivet the holster to the bracing and not interfere with the interchangeable flaps. (also notice the position of the key holder)

2417587260102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

My BUG mocked up in place. Notice how the key holder is on the weak hand side as to not interfere with grip and draw. This man thought of everything.

2468306770102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

Donnie's handywork in place. Even the tooth is blinged out!

2184812620102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

A side by side of the flaps

2215620380102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

I "F"ing LOVE this thing! The only way this thing could piss off PETA more is if it had a loop to hold my baby seal club.

Some awesome work from some brilliant artists we are lucky enough to have with us.

Gentlemen, I salute you.

Awesome, Turpin did a killer job!

ALL I can say is YES!!!!!!!

Puffer

:drool:

Wow! I am amazed! That looks absolutely beautiful! Turpin, you have outdone yourself...

I thought about two little plastic 8 balls as hangers, but dice is a pretty awesome idea...

I thought about converting a poker chip into a button to round out the Gambler theme.

I thought about converting a poker chip into a button to round out the Gambler theme.

I had a half baked idea about an 8 ball sporran. Black and white. Round flap done up to look like an 8 ball. 2 mini 8 balls for hangers. Wasn't sure what the concho should be.

But seeing yours makes me want an 8 ball sporran even more... Must chat up Turpin some time when funds allow.

How about a black "8" concho in the middle of a white sphere?

You could also add one of those small cue chalk cases as the middle tassle and carry your own cue chalk. Line the thing in green felt too.

JT, That is out-freaking-standing, Welcome to the clan....

:drool:

Wow! I am amazed! That looks absolutely beautiful! Turpin, you have outdone yourself...

It was really all J.T.'s concept - I just did the sewing, punching, gluing, etc. and got a real artisan to do the logo flap.

"It's a wise man who know his limitations"

- Harry Callahan

cheers

Pimp-A-Licious dude!!

It was really all J.T.'s concept - I just did the sewing, punching, gluing, etc.

Dude, that's like Barb T. saying "He picked the tartan. I just did the sewing"

BTW, does anybody else think the croc section on the front of the body is a bit "Phallic"?

2957818670102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

SWEET little brother!

That is an awsome sporran, Dude. I like the crock hide!

That is definitely an awesome sporran brother.

Note to self, must get custom Thorfinn Sporran....

Dang nice. One of these days I'm gonna get off my tukus & get him to make me a formal Sporran. I have a Torfin & one other nice one. Both are casual though. Gotta get me a dead animal w/fur though.

The only way this thing could piss off PETA more is if it had a loop to hold my baby seal club.

i actually order all of my sporrans with said loop!! a man who goes seal clubbin' in p@nt$ is a sad man indeed!!

very very nice, i love it!!

A little off topic but I wonder what the ultimate Kilted outfit to piss off PETA would be?

My guess:

(from top to bottom)

Hat: a beaver lined Glengarry with Eagle feather with a clan badge made of ivory

Glasses: tortoise shell rimmed non prescription glasses

Jacket: a virgin wool tweed Argyll with stag horn buttons

Tie: Silk w/ matching pocket square

Kilt: 16oz virgin wool tweed 8 yd with Caiman Lizard leather straps and horsehair canvas

Belt: Caiman Lizard

Sporran: Male Panda sack w/ fur (includes baby seal club loop)

sporran belt: a San Francisco garter snake that appears to be biting it's own tail.

Kilt pin: Eagle claw

Sgain dubh: Ivory handled w/ snake skin sheath

Hose: 100% wool

Flashes: 100% wool

Shoes: Tony Lama made ghillies made from Caiman lizard.

*All wool products from sheep on the endangered species list

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: